Re: Debian (Sid) packages for Lilypond 2.0.1

From: Anthony Fok
Subject: Re: Debian (Sid) packages for Lilypond 2.0.1
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 00:17:46 +0800

Hello all,

Thanks for looking into this.  I just uploaded lilypond_2.1.0-1 to
Debian's archive.  It is in http://incoming.debian.org/ this moment.
I added the symlink for "type1" and the "dvips -Ppdf -u +lilypond.map
myscore.dvi" seems to produce a PS file with the correct font.
Please let me know if there's still any problem.

This symlink thingy is to work around the non-existence of
/etc/profile.d/ on Debian.  IIRC, there had been debates about this,
and the concensus was that that packages should work without relying on
/etc/profile.d.  But yeah, there are pros and cons either way, e.g.
when a maintainer like me is lazy and forget to add a new symlink when
a new font type is needed.  :-)

Oh, about lilypond.map: It is at /etc/texmf/dvips/lilypond.map
as a regular file, with /usr/share/lilypond/2.1.0/dvips/lilypond.map
symlinking back to it, and with /usr/share/texmf/dvips/config symlinking
to /etc/texmf/dvips (Debian tetex-base package designed it this way.   :-)

Cheers,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling