Re: Problem with lilypond 2.1.0 and RhythmicStaff

From: Heikki Johannes Junes
Subject: Re: Problem with lilypond 2.1.0 and RhythmicStaff
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:48:25 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, [ISO-8859-15] José Luis Cruz wrote:

> I've noticed that using a TIE and Pitch_squash_engraver breaks the
> compilation. (The ``other'' form for making a rhythmic staff). Just
> remove the tie, and it compiles perfectly. You see.
>
> So if you must use ties inside a rhythmic staff, by the moment the
> only temporary solution i've found -until someone fix the bug-, is to
> comment the"\consists Pitch_squash_engraver" line and then use only
> with b notes, because b's are centered in the staff.(example down)

At least, the other pitches can be used if you declare
`squashedPosition':

\score{
  \notes \relative c'' {  b4 ~ b4 d4 }
  \paper {
    \translator {
      \StaffContext StaffSymbol \set #'transparent = ##t
      \consists Pitch_squash_engraver
       squashedPosition = #0 % This is needed. -HJJ
      \remove Clef_engraver
    }
  raggedright= ##t
  }