one more tuplet problem

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: one more tuplet problem
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 08:05:38 +0100 (CET)

See the third quintuplet.

    Werner

%
% This file shows a problem with tuplet spanners in lilypond
% CVS 2004-01-18 23:13 MET.
%
% . Since tuplet lines are far thinner than beams, the standard
%   quantization algorithm for vertical start and end positions gives
%   bad results if the slope of the spanner is small.  I suggest to
%   increase the angle threshold at which tuplet spanners have a non-zero
%   slope, provided that at least one end point would be located within a
%   staff.
%
% . I further suggest to move tuplet spanners out of the staff lines by
%   default (up to a certain vertical threshold) to make them better
%   readable.
%
% . Looking at the third tuplet I believe that the beam spanner code is
%   not appropriate for tuplet lines at all.  It seems best to follow
%   the note head positions only, ignoring stems for computing the slope.

\version "2.1.12"
\include "deutsch.ly"

\score {
  \notes \relative c' {