Sangers Morgenlied

From: Edward Sanford Sutton, III
Subject: Sangers Morgenlied
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 01:32:51 -0700

        I haven't searched out my paper with my other notes yet, but here goes
all
things i can remember that were even worth commenting on. I am left wondering
which would be correct, and which match the original still since I have yet
to acquire an original score:
        Dynamics: The usual piano dynamic centering issue. Can measure 6 use
the
cresc. command (which may have further future midi output benefits)?
        Should 'Lieblich, etwas geschwind' (and other markings at the start of
songs)
line up with the time signature? Usually I hear that is what should be done
when I hear rules on it.
        16th note spacing at the end of measure 4: How close should they be
allowed
to get to each other and to the barline? Are they spaced closer than the
previous four 16th notes because of lyric spacing demands? Should all 16th
notes in that measure be spaced more equally?
        Measure 4 hairpin decresc.: Seems it was moved to make it look nice for
when
the score was more than 1 page. Now it specifically collides with a stem.
        Measure 8: fermata in piano right hand, on the rest, collides with the
16th
note to its left when the score is compressed down to 1 page.
I'm off for some well needed sleep now,
Ed Sutton