Re: Unable to customize LilyPond variables

From: Heikki Johannes Junes
Subject: Re: Unable to customize LilyPond variables
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 03:54:15 +0200 (EET)

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 02:13:50 +0100 (CET) Reuben Thomas <address@hidden> wrote:

> I attach a diff -u.

The patch was applied smootly. Thanks. BTW, maybe there are more such
mistakes.

> You had code like this:
>
> (defcustom LilyPond-indent-level 4
>   "*Indentation of lilypond statements with respect to containing
> block.")
>
> which can't be customized because it doesn't specify a customization
> group. Also it doesn't give a type, which is bad. For this example, the
> correct code is:
>
> (defcustom LilyPond-indent-level 4
>   "*Indentation of lilypond statements with respect to containing
> block."
>   :group 'LilyPond
>   :type 'integer)

With an example, I referred to a simple customization test that would be in
the form of a few lisp-lines (to be placed in .emacs -file). Such a small test
could give a hint what is the best way to document the customizability.

Greetings,

  Heikki Junes