Re: double info docs and fonts

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: double info docs and fonts
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 14:15:37 +0100

Han-Wen Nienhuys writes:

> No, our idea was to have the info files that reference the PNGs be
> distributed with the base package.
>
> (or I'm mistaken. Jan?)

Yes, that's right.  The info files produced and installed by `make
web' are image-ready, but readable without images too.

The reason that there are also old style info files in ./out, is that
they can be produced without running lilypond or make web.  If you
want (to track) the latest lilypond development version, but do not
have all stuff or the time to run `make web', you still have info...

>> To be honest I'm pretty much lost with the stepmake build
>> system.  I will try my best, but some guidance would be most
>> welcome.

Maybe we should add some documentation.  Basically, it is fairly
straightforward use of recursive make commands; with added sugar for
`make web' to set the output directory.  You can issue most make
commands in the directory you need,  make --debug is your friend.

Where do you get lost?