Re: CVS branching etc

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: CVS branching etc
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:10:36 +0200

On Wednesday 21 April 2004 14.12, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> > 1. What is the easiest way of invoking lilypond directly from the
> > source tree?
>
> See
> http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2004-04/msg00039.html

.. which says:
   PATH=$(pwd)/lily/out:$(pwd)/scripts/out:$PATH
   ./configure --prefix=$(pwd); make; lilypond

Does this mean that you modify PATH whenever you switch between which lily
branch to use?
e.g. lily2.2/scripts/out/lilypond must know that it's supposed to invoke
lily2.2/lily/out/lilypond-bin and not lily2.3/lily/out/lilypond-bin.

> > ~/lily-bugs$ cvs -z3 -d address@hidden:/cvsroot/lilypond import
> > lily-bugs 1.1.1 lilypond_2_2
>
> CVS has a marvellously clumsy interface, but I'm pretty sure that this
> won't create a lilypond_2_2 branch, lilypond_2_2 here is the vendor
> tag.
>
> Although it seems to be possible with import -b; I'd suggest to create
> the module first:

It's all done now. Thanks a lot for your help!

Erik