Re: Documentation errors

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Documentation errors
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 11:32:53 +0200

I have submitted a patch to CVS (both the main branch and 2.2).
Still I urge you to check the text again. Especially, the paragraph
preceeding the one I changed seems completely wrong to me:

"For example, the following piece contains lots of half, quarter, and
8th notes, the eighth note is followed by 1 note head width (NHW).
The quarter note is followed by 2 NHW, the half by 3 NHW, etc.
@lilypond[fragment,verbatim,relative=1] c2 c4. c8 c4. c8 c4. c8 c8
c8 c4 c4 c4
@end lilypond"

If I understand correctly, the widths should rather involve
NHW*shortest-duration-space*spacing-increment^k, with different
values of k for different durations. Right?

   /Mats

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
address@hidden writes:

I still don't think it's correct. It first says that
shortest-duration-space is set to 1.2 by default and on the
second line it says that the same property is set to 2.0 by
default.
In the actual implementation, you have
        (shortest-duration-space . 2.0)
        (spacing-increment . 1.2)

Opps. you're right. the first shortest-duration-space should be
spacing-increment. Could you apply a fix ?
BTW, I think I've seen some people (Pedro, Heikki) mention that they
have fixed things in CVS. However, I haven't seen any updates scroll
by when I did

   cvs up

I hope everyone remembers to commit fixes to the repository once
they're made locally.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems