Re: Compiling Lilypond-2.3.11 on Slackware 10

From: R S Ananda Murthy
Subject: Re: Compiling Lilypond-2.3.11 on Slackware 10
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 20:35:56 +0530

On 08/17/2004 08:07:33 PM, R S Ananda Murthy wrote:
I am hereby placing this discussion in the mailing list.

Anand

On 08/17/2004 03:51:01 PM, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
Please keep the discussion on the mailing list, for the
benefit of yourself since you get access to the collected
expertise on the list and for the benefit of others who experience
similar problems. Feel free to quote my answer below if you wish.

R S Ananda Murthy wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for your mail. Now Lilypond-2.3.11 is running on Slackware 10! I installed mftraced ec fonts. I have done texhash. But when I do

lilypond test.py

I get the following message:

Now processing `test.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music... error: can't find `feta20.afm'
Music font has not been installed properly.  Aborting

I have not understood what I should do with the scripts

lilypond-profile
lilypond-login

I am using bash. Could you please help.

I don't know how things are setup in Slackware. On RedHat systems,
there's a directory /etc/profile.d/, where you can put the file
lilypond-profile (renamed to lilypond-profile.sh) so it will be
automatically read as soon as you start a new shell.
Otherwise, you can add a line
. /whatever/path/to/the/file/lilypond-profile
in your own ~/.profile

   /Mats

Hello,

As mentioned above, I copied lilypond-profile.sh into /etc/profile.d. In Slackware 10 also we have /etc/profile.d. Now I tried

lilypond test.ly

where the content of test.ly is

{ c'4 e' g' }

But I still get the message:

Now processing `test.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music... error: can't find `feta20.afm'
Music font has not been installed properly.  Aborting

I have installed mftraced ec fonts and done texhash. What is the problem?

Anand