Re: [bug?] \lyricsto with lyrics above notes

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: Re: [bug?] \lyricsto with lyrics above notes
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 16:26:38 +0200 (CEST)

Hi, Mats!

Fully agreed, especially your last point.  One point though: You ask why
it should?  Well, what for example happens exactly with the "{ s1 }"?
Currently, it seems like the "s1" is thrown away, as anything else that is
put between these two braces.  What if future versions somehow merge the
two lyrics definitions?  That may result in unexpected side effects
(additional vertical space, bar check warnings, whatever, ...).  Maybe,
replacing "{ s1 }" by "{ }" is a little bit safer (provided that future
versions will still allow empty blocks)?  Ok, I am quite nitpicking here,
but I am just feeling uncomfortable with the current "solution".

Greetings,
Jürgen