Re: changing page numbers

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: changing page numbers
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 22:39:24 +0100

In message <address@hidden>, Pedro Kroger <address@hidden> writes
Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> writes:

Will this patch also make it possible to reset the page numbering
between scores if you have have several \score in the same
.ly file?

I don't think so :-(

Butting in well late on this thread I know, so ignore me if you want :-)

But having hit this problem repeatedly with word-processors and trying to print certain pages (like restarting page numbers at 1 ten pages in and trying to print the second page 1 ...) I think you need to have the concept of physical page number (counting from the first page as 1) and logical page number, which can be whatever you want but is what gets printed on the page.

Okay, I think what's been done seems acceptable to everybody, but if this thing gets revisited as well it might, I think this approach is probably the most flexible and effective.

Cheers,
Wol
as Lies-to-People.