clef and cue problem

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: clef and cue problem
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 17:44:08 +0200 (CEST)

I need help to resolve the following problem.  Consider a trombone
voice which uses the bass clef (`B').  There is a trumpet cue which
uses treble clef.  Incidentally, the cue starts at a new line in the
trombone part.  The proper solution is to mark the cue with a small
treble clef (`t') which must come immediately before the first cue
note:

                         2
          B---------------
                         4
           2
           4

With other words, we have in the above example the unusual combination
`bass clef -- time signature -- small treble clef' at the beginning of
the second line, and I'm not aware of a method to achieve this.  I've
tried to insert `\skip 1*0' right before `\clef treble', but this
doesn't help.

    Werner