Re: battle-plan for 2.5 development

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: battle-plan for 2.5 development
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:50:44 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

> Really? I've experienced many Windows programs that are much more
> tricky to install than cygwin.

Do not underestimate the importance of a friendly dog telling you that the
installer needs just a few more informations from you, like date of
birth, account number, etc...!

> I think that the actual installation is a minor problem compared to the
> mental steps going from mouse based windows programs to the text based
> input of LilyPond.

That's why I would like to have more integration with lily4jedit, like a
java alternative to the GNOME backend.

> Now when you can simply double-click on a file to process it, most
> windows users will only need to open the cygwin command window when
> they have upgraded LilyPond and have to run convert-ly.

Not even that: in jedit, you just click on the icon (or - in a future
version - you are even asked if you would like to convert-ly before
lilypond).

Ciao,
Dscho