Re: Italian & international chord names.

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Italian & international chord names.
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 07:26:27 -0700

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 17:17, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> Hi,
>
> good to see people picking this up. Can you check out the support that
> is present for german note names, and mimick that pattern for italian?

It seems to me that the present internationalization code is all aimed
at parsing note names.  This makes sense for all modes where pitches are
language-independent output (e.g. notes on a staff, midi tones), but not
where pitches have a text output.

I've identified two places where pitches have text output: chord names
and easy note heads.  I'm preparing to make internationalization apply
to these two cases.  Are there any other cases?

Thanks,

Carl Sorensen