Re: compiling Lily on OSX

From: Christian Hitz
Subject: Re: compiling Lily on OSX
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 16:59:05 +0100

Am 09.12.2004 um 22:23 schrieb Han-Wen Nienhuys:

That part of the patch looked wrong to me. I thought that the macos
build worked with <math.h> in the past. Why the -DMACOS_X?

This is about the fix in lily-guile.cc that is in there for al long time now. As Matthias has pointed out cmath is included (and isinf thus undefined) via
iostream -> locale_facets.

There was a FIXME-comment that we should use a flag to only activate the fix on Mac. I included that in my patch. I did at first use MACOS_X, but Matthias
mentioned the __APPLE__ macro that is defined by default on the Mac.

In essence, the patch against configure.in is not needed anymore if you apply
my patch from yesterday against lily-guile.cc that replaces MACOS_X with
__APPLE__.

Christian