Re: MediaWiki extension, RFC website, was Re: MediaWiki support

From: Benjamin Esham
Subject: Re: MediaWiki extension, RFC website, was Re: MediaWiki support
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 14:28:02 -0500

On Dec 10, 2004, at 9:54 AM, Johannes Schindelin wrote:

as suggested on the Wikitech-l list, I converted my patch into an
extension for MediaWiki:

Great! Hopefully we'll have LilyPond support in Wikipedia and a LilyPond wiki
soon.  Some questions:

- Does this automatically produce MIDI output? 'Cuz that'd be really cool :-)

- How does it handle multi-page output? Does it just end up as one tall image?

- This runs in safe mode, right? AFAICT, that means that no GUILE expressions
  are allowed.  Will this make it impossible to use #(set-ocavation x)?

Now the request for comments: How about a wiki on www.lilypond.org using
this extension?

Personally, I think this would be awesome-- it would be a lot easier for people to share tips and tricks, and to some extent it would reduce the need for attachments
on the mailing list (which are off right now, of course).

--
Benjamin D. Esham      {      http://bdesham.net
address@hidden      }      AIM: bdesham 1 2 8