Patches for string tunings (tab)

From: Erlend Aasland
Subject: Patches for string tunings (tab)
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 02:08:43 +0100

Hello Lilyponders

I've had a look at tab's, and I've made some trivial changes to a
couple of files. Here is a description of the patches (which are
attached):

tuning-triv.patch: (ly/engraver-init.ly and scm/output-lib.scm)
change the variable name guitar-tunings to guitar-tuning (because it
is _a_ tuning, not many tunings)

newtunings.patch: (scm/output-lib.scm) depends on previous patch
add more tunings: bass and 5 different 5-string banjo tunings

With predefined tunings it's easier to get started writing tabs (\set
TabStaff.stringTunings = #bass-tuning).

4string.patch: (scm/output-lib.scm) depends on previout two patches
add a function to convert a 5-string banjo tuning to a 4-string banjo tuning:
\set TabStaff.stringTunings = #(four-string-banjo banjo-open-g-tuning)

offset.patch: (scm/define-grobs.scm) independent of previous patches
on my system, tab noteheads are placed too far down. This patch makes
tabs look a bit nicer (at least on my system (MacOSX).

Comments on any of the patches?

Regards,
  Erlend Aasland