Re: UTF8 and (La)TeX backend?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: UTF8 and (La)TeX backend?
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 23:44:51 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> > > . The CFF part of bigcheese20.otf is extracted and put into a PS
> > >   resource which is loaded with the -h option of dvips.  If that
> > >   doesn't work, lilypond-book simply emits
> > >   \special{header=bigcheese.cff} at the beginning of the document.
>
> I was a bit unclear.  Here a reformulation:
>
> . The CFF part of bigcheese20.otf is extracted and put into a PS
>   resource which is loaded with the -h option of dvips.  If that
>   doesn't work (this is, if my assumption is incorrect and option -h
>   can't be used to load a PS resource file at all), lilypond-book
>   simply emits \special{header=bigcheese.cff} at the beginning of the
>   document.

dvips doesn't get the CFF embedding. Perhaps there's something wrong
in our routine? It's in scm/framework-ps.scm, function ps-embed-cff

        byrd:~/usr/src/lilypond$ dvips  lily-1406216824
        This is dvips(k) 5.92b Copyright 2002 Radical Eye Software
(www.radicaleye.com)
        ' TeX output 2005.01.06:2339' -> lily-1406216824.ps
        dvips: Font bigcheese20 used in file lily-1406216824-1.eps is not in
the mapping file.
        dvips: Font unknown used in file lily-1406216824-1.eps is not in the
mapping file.
        <texc.pro><bigcheese20.cff>
        dvips: ! expected to see %%EndBinary at end of data

dvips complains both if I use -h and \special{header=}

Also can you check if the .EPS files are correct wrt. document
structuring?

Also, it would be nice if we could have a .tex wrapper similar to
lilyponddefs, such that both the .tex does something sensible both in
LaTeX and texinfo.