Re: command line parameters to set the papersize

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: command line parameters to set the papersize
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:56:54 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> > It would be much nicer if we could do this with lilypond itself,
> > though.  I'll keep on asking the programmers.  :)
>
> I will. Especially now that I saw some conversation on the list concerning
> tags where Han-Wen suggested that tags could be defined using commandline
> parameters. When he's changing the code regarding this anyway, it's just as
> easy to add an extra option to define the papersize this way ;-)

I'm still rather busy, (shameless plug) the VU-orchestra is playing in
the concertgebouw next sunday afternoon, so don't hold your breath for
command line tags, but you can fake things  by doing

        \include "mypaper.ly"

        #(set-paper-size VAR_PAPER_SIZE)

and do

    #(define VAR_PAPER_SIZE "a4")

in mypaper.ly

You could write mypaper.ly for different sizes using a Makefile or
something similar.