RE: A couple of questions and Re:fix for gcc 3.4 and flex 2.5.4

From: Mark Pim
Subject: RE: A couple of questions and Re:fix for gcc 3.4 and flex 2.5.4
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 10:01:30 -0000

> address@hidden writes:
> > To Dirk Jagdmann:
> >
> > Thank you for that. I spent a while hacking around getting roughly
the
> same
> > result but couldn't work out a way to put it all in a nice script!
> >
> > It also works for gcc 3.2.3 and flex 2.5.4 on lilypond 2.4.4 BTW
> >
> > To everyone:
> >
> > Would it be a good idea to detect for these problems in configure
and
> maybe
> > run these scripts automatically if certain gcc/flex version combos
are
> > found?
>
> I don't know. IMHO, these problems are not specific to lilypond, and
> should be fixed by the distributor. Also, we have a  packaged script,
> called
>
>       lexer-gcc-3.1.sh
>
> which seems to fix the same problem. Perhaps we have to rename the
> script. Can you check whether that script does the trick?

I did originally try that, but it doesn't seem to work with gcc 3.2.3.
It failed when compiling lexer.cc because of problems with std::istream
/ istream confusion (as far as I can tell, the problem was that a header
file wasn't included early enough. I had to add '#include <FlexLexer.h>'
before the declaration of 'struct yy_buffer_state'. Also I commented out
'class istream;' at the top of the file). lexer-gcc-3.1.sh doesn't do
this but Dirk's script does :)

> > Finally, I would like to help the lily community by packaging lily
2.4
> for
> > slackware. How do I go about this? Do I just tar it up?
>
> I don't know, I guess the Slackware community is the best place to
ask.

I'll have an explore ...

Mark