Re: lilypond Documentation/user/invoking.itely ./Ch...

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilypond Documentation/user/invoking.itely ./Ch...
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:58:38 -0800

On 27-Mar-05, at 3:28 AM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

address@hidden writes:

On 9-Mar-05, at 6:14 PM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
address@hidden writes:
address@hidden Preparing the jail

- snip old version -

Dvips does not apply to lily 2.5. The PS backend does not use the TeX
installation.

How's this?

@item Preparing the jail
LilyPond needs to read a number of files while running. All these files
are to be copied into the jail, under the same path they apper in the
real root filesystem.  The entire content of the LilyPond installation
(e.g., @file{/usr/share/lilypond})
should be copied.

You have to discuss this with Seba. 2.5 also needs to read various
font directories, and I don't know how thi s interacts with the jail.

Sebastino?  This is the version that's in the manual right now; is it
accurate?  I removed references to TeX stuff, but I don't know much
about lilypond's backend, so I might have removed too much.