Easier MacOS X install?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Easier MacOS X install?
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 02:40:36 +0200

hi there,

Just now, I've managed to get LilyPond up and running from Fink without
any special efforts (hurray for Matthias!). However, it would be nice if
the install was less complicated. In particular some people are put off
by 1. the complex instructions (eg. downloading Xcode) and 2. the long
time it takes to compile Lily and all her dependencies.

My question:  isn't there some way that we provide binaries, for fink
and/or LilyPond?

--
Han-Wen Nienhuys - address@hidden
LilyPond Software Design - http://www.lilypond-design.com