Re: e-mail change notice.

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: e-mail change notice.
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 03:19:55 -0700

On 9-May-05, at 2:17 AM, Giancarlo Niccolai wrote:
I am sorry I have to change my e-mail address again due to a new form of nasty
spam.
This new kind of spam uses your e-mail address (and when possible, also your web service domain name) to send virus around the world. Then, you get 1) belived as the original sender of the virus and 2) bombed with server notices
of inexistent mails being blocked by the anti-virus service.

That's unfortunate, but it's nothing new. I've heard of this happening at
least five years ago.

Now, is this list publishing e-mails in web-based services? If so, I am forced
to quit participating it.

AFAIK, it's published in these two places:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/
http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/

However, both places remove email addresses.

Good luck!