Re: default MetronomeMark #padding

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: default MetronomeMark #padding
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 16:36:31 +0200

The chapter describes the general mechanisms for setting properties.
In particular, the section called "Common Tweaks" describes a
property called extra-offset that can be used to move things around.

Even if you use an older version of LilyPond, I can recommend to take
a look at the manual for version 2.5, since this section has been
updated and improved recently and most of the facts are true also
for version 2.4 and even for 2.2.

The manual cannot possibly describe every conceivable setting that
can be done, but the information in "Common Tweaks" together with
"Constructing a Tweak" and "Navigating the program reference" should
hopefully describe the general mechanisms well enough that you will
be able to find the solution to your particular needs yourself.
In this case, I happened to notice that the section on Metronome
marks misses the relevant link to the program reference:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond-internals/MetronomeMark.html#MetronomeMark
(Graham, I will fix it in CVS).

   /Mats

Stephen wrote:
There is nothing about the Metronome Mark in the Changing Defaults chapter. I have already ready the documentation. I figured out how to move it up or down, but not left or right. In general, I think it would look better over the time signature instead of over the first note.

Stephen

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>