Re: Doc help: \markup{} vs \mark

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Doc help: \markup{} vs \mark
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 13:28:11 -0700

On 11-May-05, at 8:30 AM, Stephen wrote:

I got confused by associating this with the markup vs. TextScript thread. thinking he was asking which one we still need, which is both of course because they do different things. Obviously, Graham Percival is just suggesting that we should document that \mark has been expanded to accept text strings generally; not just rehearsal marks anymore.

And I agree that the tricks you are describing in this thread and others, Mats, should be added to the documentation.

That's what I'm doing. I'm the Documentation Editor, but that doesn't give me automatic knowledge about all the lilypond internals. When I ask a question labeled "Doc help", I'm asking for specific clarification about something so
that I can fix the docs.