Re: lilypond start-up too long

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: lilypond start-up too long
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 14:44:35 +0200

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
[2.5.24]

Sometimes the start-up time of lilypond takes almost a minute on a
slower computer in case the fontconfig cache must be rebuilt (this is
fontconfig 2004-03-06 coming with my SuSE 9.1).  For Joe User, this
looks like lilypond is hanging.  I strongly suggest that a message
(and/or a progress indicator) is added as a guide.

Do you also see this if running an installed binary?

(if you run from a source dir, scanning mf/out/ takes a long time.)