Re: \tieNeutral should be standard in polyphony

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: \tieNeutral should be standard in polyphony
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 11:31:14 +0200

On Saturday 02 July 2005 21.26, Stephen wrote:
> When using '{  } \\ {  }' for polyphony, doing things like making the top
> polyphonic line \stemUp by default and the bottom line \stemDown makes
> sense. But ties don't follow stem direction and making the top line \tieUp
> and the bottom line \tieDown doesn't make sense, along with some other
> defaults that don't make sense for polyphony.

2 things:
- << \\ >> notation is not optimised for cross-staff voices.
- You may be interested in looking at the \voiceOne, \voiceTwo etc. commands.

> In the attached file, the '\tieNeutral' should not be necessary in order to
> allow the ties in the following chord to be complementary; it should be the
> default.
>
> As usual, I am taking my example directly from the piece I was working on
> when I first noticed the problem. That way I am placing the problem in a
> realistic context
> rather rather than a simplified one.

Whenever you think you have found a bug, please send us a minimised example.
We don't really care whether the bug happens in a realistic context; it
should be added to the database in any case.