Re: DOS-based Windows users, please test

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: DOS-based Windows users, please test
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:35:19 -0700

Bryan Stanbridge wrote:

>address@hidden wrote:

Ok.  Going back to our previous attempt.  I have attached a batch file
which corrects the GS_LIB problem and successfully creates a PDF on MS
Windows 98SE.

Paul

set lily=c:\progra~1\lilypond\usr
set GS_LIB=%lily%\share\gs\lib
set GS_FONTPATH=c:\windows\fonts
%lily%\bin\gs -dCompatibilityLevel#1.4 -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -r1200 -sDEVICE#pdfwrite -sOutputFile#"simple.pdf" -c .setpdfwrite -f
."simple.ps"

Don't forget that not all windows installations will put windows in c:\windows. Someone may have installed it to WinME, Win98, 98SE or any other type of directory structure. I can't recall what the variable to use for that directory is, but if we want it to work out of the box, it might be good to use it in this instance.

Completely agree. I can't get to a MS W* machine at the moment but that variable should definitely be used. The above was just what Jan gave to me to test which happened to work on the machine I was on.

Granted, most users who name their windows install directory something other than the default windows are probably also going to know how to change the script (and that they'd probably need to do so). It's not a major change, in any case.

They might not know because it might have been automatically changed by a Windows upgrade.

Paul