Re: lilypond ./ChangeLog Documentation/bibliography...

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: lilypond ./ChangeLog Documentation/bibliography...
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 21:03:02 +0200

On Thursday 21 July 2005 20.24, Stephen wrote:
> One more point, while the general recommendations still cite (I finally
> figured out how to spell it) an assumption that the general user might
> still only have a screen resolution of 800x600, it is a good assumption
> that a user of a graphic oriented program like Lilypond is likely to have a
> minimum screen resolution of 1024x768 nowadays. So a minimum width of 972
> would be acceptable.

I disagree. The fact that lily creates beautiful output, doesn't mean that its
users have good graphics hardware. I'd say the opposite: You hardly need to
watch the output for other than proofreading purposes. I'm sometimes using
lily on 800x600 screens, so I'd be more happy if that would be considered OK.

Erik