Re: \displayLilyMusic -- continued

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: \displayLilyMusic -- continued
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 12:57:02 +0200

> Nicolas Sceaux wrote:
>> Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>>can you look at my comments (especially the one about a module) and
>>>apply the patch to CVS HEAD?
>> This is done. I still have to write documentation and something in
>> NEWS.tely maybe.
>>

> ok, still a little confused. It looks as if you define the
> display-music module twice, once in display-music.scm , once in
> define-music-display-methods.scm

I'm not very easy with guile modules. What I think I have understood is
that `define-module' is for both defining a new module *and* defining to
which module the following forms will belong. A mix of Common Lisp's
DEFPACKAGE and IN-PACKAGE.

So the idea was:
1) to actually define the (scm display-music) module in
display-music.scm, and let the following code belong to
(scm display-music);
2) make the code found in define-music-display-methods.scm belong to the
(scm display-music) module.

The second is not required, as define-music-display-methods.scm is loaded
from display-music.scm, but make it clear to which module it
belongs. As a matter of fact, define-music-display-methods.scm could not
be in the (lily) module as it uses definitions from (scm display-music)
that are not exported, to avoid namespace pollution.

If you think this is buggy or ineleguant, I'll change that.

nicolas