Re: documentation for \displayLilyMusic?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: documentation for \displayLilyMusic?
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 01:28:12 -0700

On 24-Jul-05, at 3:14 AM, Nicolas Sceaux wrote:
I don't know where I may put some doc about \displayLilyMusic in the
manual. It's not an interface for programmers, so could not really fit
where \displayMusic is described.

Interesting question!

The first place I considered was 6.2 Alternate music entry, but it doesn't fit all that well -- and I don't really consider \displayLilyMusic as useful for
beginners.

Who would use this in Real Life? The only thing I can think of is a composer (or copyist) who wants to untranspose music (I can't imagine why anybody would want to un-relative some music). Either they've been playing around with
different keys, or they were dealing with a transposing instrument.
Assuming that's the only use, I suppose that it could go in 8.2 Preparing parts.

Actually, right now I'm leaning towards 11 Interfaces for programers. I realize that this isn't intended for programmers, but I think that making a section after the \displayMusic section is the best bet. In the \transpose and \relative sections we'll stick links to this new section (and include it in the index), so it should be
easy enough to find.