Re: Settings for bagpipe music

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Settings for bagpipe music
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 09:12:51 -0500

Oh yeah, Sven

It is interesting that Sven is the goto man for preserving a great Scottish music tradition.

You could adapt the technique used for Atonal music in the Nicolas' atonicKey funtion as I modified it. put it in D major and supress the printing of the key signature with the line:

\override Score . KeySignature #'print-function = ##f

You would then have to put it in the key of D major in order to suppress C sharp and F sharp it think. I am not sure of the effect that renaming the pitch names has however.

Adding new pitch names to the list might be a good idea too:

(bb . ,(ly:make-pitch 0 6 FLAT))
(Bb . ,(ly:make-pitch 1 6 FLAT))

for instance.

I think removing the Auto Engraver is a mistake. You can just put everything in the key of D major to suppress the C and F sharp while still getting a flat if you need it.

I am repeating myself aren't I? To recap, my idea is to keep the key signature and accidental engraver and just suppress the printing of the key signature as a way to print flats when you need them.

Stephen

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sven Axelsson" <address@hidden>