RE: Settings for bagpipe music

From: Sven Axelsson
Subject: RE: Settings for bagpipe music
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 17:54:30 +0200

> From: Stephen [mailto:address@hidden
> >
> > On 29-Jul-05, at 12:15 AM, Sven Axelsson wrote:
> >
> I agree. What about my idea of  not removing the Key_engraver and
> Accicental_engraver, putting it in the key of D major, and
> supressing the
> key signature with the line:
>
> \override Score . KeySignature #'print-function = ##f

Yes, that is probably the way to go. What is the proper of specifying
the key signature as default in the bagpipe.ly file rather than
entering it in the score? I see that I could do

\set Score.KeySignature = #'((1 . 1) (3 . 1))

somewhere in the music, but what is the syntax for doing that in a

\layout { \context { \Score ... } } setting?

> And also creating special note names for notes with flats like:
>
> (bb . ,(ly:make-pitch 0 6 FLAT))
> (Bb . ,(ly:make-pitch 1 6 FLAT))

Yep, I will do that.

--