Re: Ritardandi and Accelerandi for MIDI

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Ritardandi and Accelerandi for MIDI
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:30:18 +0200

Michael Welsh Duggan wrote:
My only problem with this is the following:  It doesn't appear to
allow a crescendo to happen throught a single note without some extra
hackery added.  It would be better (IMHO) if we could emit
Audio_dynamic events (or Audio_tempo events) at discrete quantum
intervals.  It doesn't seem possible, however, to emit Audio_items at
any moments other than those defined in the Music proper.
Suggestions?  Maybe Audio_staff::audio_items_ can be a priority queue
(by moment), allowing us to emit events out of order?

Check out Global_context::sneaky_add_extra_time_moment()
It's the same mechanism that is used to maek sure that barlines always appear.

 Han-Wen Nienhuys - address@hidden -