"\skip 1 * x" doesn't work correct in Lyrics mode (version 2.4.5)

From: Tjeerd Pinkert
Subject: "\skip 1 * x" doesn't work correct in Lyrics mode (version 2.4.5)
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 02:00:56 +0200 (CEST)

Hello people,

I wanted to skip the lyrics somewhat more than one or two notes in one of
the songs I was doing, and than this would just not go (only one forth note is
skipped from 12 whole). The music is attached for you to look upon this
weird thing. The words "Hij leeft!" in the bottom line should show up at
the points where %%NOTE is entered in the .ly file (or somewhere near
because i inserted 12 bars skip) that is in the part behind the || bar.
But in my case it starts already in the first bar. Also note that the
second skip in between the words is not skipping enough.

For me the solution was just to break up the bassdownRefrein in two parts
and add a lyrics to each part. (the .diff to the new file is added as
well, this might be considdered a tweak, but i would say it's just an
ugly solution)

I think the behaviour of \skip in a Lyrics context should just behave
properly as the manual says it does, so entering "\skip 1 * 12" should
skip 12 whole bars.

I will hear if this is addressed already (in that case i'm sorry to have
bothered you) or if i just made some stupid mistake in the lilypond
source (or maybe it is a difficult thing to address)

Some more data:
lilypond version: 2.4.5
OS: linux (Debian)
debian package version of lilypond: 2.4.5-2

Greetings,

Tjeerd Pinkert

who thinks lilypond is a good thing