Re: PDF Viewing / Updating a score

From: Trent Johnston
Subject: Re: PDF Viewing / Updating a score
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 21:54:56 +1000

Thanks Mats,

For testing this also.. thought I was going a bit mad... I use Musixtex as
well (although working hard to migrate over to lilypond) and I have no
trouble with using gsview to look at the postscript files produced.

As I've said before there doesn't seem to be any other postcript viewer for
windows.

I see your point Mats if ghostscript is used to create the postscript file
and gsview uses the very same ghostscript to display files I don't no the
reason for these errors.

I thought of posting a message to the creators of gsview with a sample .ps
file maybe they could diagnose why their software is unable to display these
ps files.

Strange, too I can use ps2pdf in version 8.00 of the Ghostscript already
installed on my system which works perfectly so the ps file isn't corrupt in
any way. So I suppose the fault seems to rest with gsview.

Should I contact the creators of gsview? Has anyone else had success in
viewing a ps file?

Trent