Re: endless loop while processing xiao-haizi-guai-guai.ly

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: endless loop while processing xiao-haizi-guai-guai.ly
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 12:29:03 +0200

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
[CVS 2005-09-28]

Processing xiao-haizi-guai-guai.ly gives an endless loop on my system:

  GNU LilyPond 2.7.11
  Processing `xiao-haizi-guai-guai.ly'
  Parsing...
  Interpreting music... [8]
  Preprocessing graphical objects...
  Calculating line breaks... [3][6][8]
  Calculating page breaks...
  Layout output to `xiao-haizi-guai-guai.ps'...
  programming error: FT_Get_Glyph_Name() returned error
  continuing, cross fingers
  programming error: FT_Get_Glyph_Name() returned error
  continuing, cross fingers

Especially for CJK fonts you have to expect that FT_Get_Glyph_Name
doesn't work.  Testing FT_FACE_FLAG_GLYPH_NAMES is the right way to
check whether glyph names are available in the font.

thanks. I've added this check to the TTF embedding code.
The loop isn't endless, fwiw. It is printed once for every glyph.