Re: Adding a vertical-end property to VoltaBracket

From: Sven Axelsson
Subject: Re: Adding a vertical-end property to VoltaBracket
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:06:31 +0200

On 10/10/05, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:
Sven Axelsson wrote:
> I use manual volta brackets a lot for marking alternative bars in the
> middle of a measure. It would be great if I could force those to have a
> vertical bar at the end even when not adjacent to a repeat sign. Perhaps
> something like this? (untested code)

I think it would be cleaner to use existing bracket formatting code
(which supports edge-height, bracket-flare etc.), and provide a separate
Volta_bracket::after_line_breaking, which sets edge-height depending on
the type of barline. You could then change the vertical bar by switching
off the after-line-breaking-callback. Then you can change the appearance
with the ordinary bracket properties.

Sounds good to me. I'll sponsor that if it isn't a big undertaking - in that case I'll need a co-sponsor. Any takers?

--
Sven Axelsson