Re: Illegal C++

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Illegal C++
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 18:51:42 +0200

Wiz Aus wrote:
environment they do. For a start, if we are truly concerned about ensuring the longevity of our code, then tieing yourself intricably to

"our" code? What did you contribute, then?

This discussion is not going anywhere, so let me try to summarize my point of view as bluntly and clearly as I can.

Getting you up and running in your personal favorite environment is something Jan and I could do. However it would take us a lot of time, a resource which is very precious for us, and it doesn't buy us anything. Therefore, we don't feel like doing it.

Since you are personally so keen on not using the GNU toolchain, IMNSHO it's your job to do the work required. Given your previous postings, I should think that you are capable enough of doing this on your own. Once you have done that, we will consider integrating cleanly written patches for the mainline distribution.

Right now, we see someone who sends around a lot of non-constructive e-mail and no code. As you will understand, the more mail without code you send, the less serious we will take you.