Re: Illegal C++

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Illegal C++
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 13:41:11 +0200

On Friday 14 October 2005 00.44, Wiz Aus wrote:
> >Hrm, I run Debian and have all that wondrous stuff.
>
> It's certainly possible that linux-based IDE's have come along since I last
> played
> around with them (probably 5 years ago now), but I don't get the impression
> that
> the configure scripts/makefiles etc. for lilypond were generated by an IDE,
> or would
> be readable by one.

The kdevelop3 IDE can import lily's makefiles.

BTW, do you know about any portable build script representation format, which
_can_ be imported/exported by many IDEs, and which still works with free
command-line build tools?

> Windows is perfectly capable of supporting all the development tools I can
> ever
> imagine needing,

fwiw, this seems to contradict your previous statement: You can imagine the
need for an IDE that can import lily's makefiles, but you don't know about
any IDE under windows which can do that.

(I think it's technically possible to port kdevelop3 to cygwin/mingw, though
it'd be difficult, and probably illegal due to Trolltech's Qt licenses).

--
Erik