Re: Illegal C++

From: Wiz Aus
Subject: Re: Illegal C++
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 07:25:28 +1000

From: Erik Sandberg <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
CC: "Wiz Aus" <address@hidden>, address@hidden, address@hidden
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 13:41:11 +0200

On Friday 14 October 2005 00.44, Wiz Aus wrote:
> >Hrm, I run Debian and have all that wondrous stuff.
>
> It's certainly possible that linux-based IDE's have come along since I last
> played
> around with them (probably 5 years ago now), but I don't get the impression
> that
> the configure scripts/makefiles etc. for lilypond were generated by an IDE,
> or would
> be readable by one.

The kdevelop3 IDE can import lily's makefiles.

BTW, do you know about any portable build script representation format, which
_can_ be imported/exported by many IDEs, and which still works with free
command-line build tools?

Not off hand, but there certainly are plenty of conversion tools (dsp2make etc.).

> Windows is perfectly capable of supporting all the development tools I can
> ever
> imagine needing,

fwiw, this seems to contradict your previous statement: You can imagine the
need for an IDE that can import lily's makefiles, but you don't know about
any IDE under windows which can do that.

Ah, but working with makefiles is only something I need when I'm *not* working
under Windows, which is pretty rare.

Anyway, if it were only a matter of manually having to keep in sync a few
makefiles and a few MSVC project files, I would more than happy to do that.
Creating the MSVC project files to get lilypond to build under MSVC
took maybe 1% of the total time I spent on it.

SEEK: Over 80,000 jobs across all industries at Australia's #1 job site. http://ninemsn.seek.com.au?hotmail