Re: Stemless music with slurs

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: Re: Stemless music with slurs
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 03:27:14 +0100 (CET)

Here's what my approach, as described, yields (see attachment).

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005, Michael Welsh Duggan wrote:

Michael Welsh Duggan wrote:
Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> writes:

If you want to remove the stems completely but not the engraver, it should
work to set
\override Staff.Stem #'print-function = ##f

Wait a second, the above solution is for version 2.6 and you are using
version 2.7.14. Then I hope that the following works instead:
\override Staff.Stem #'stencil = ##f

Godd idea, but it doesn't work in practice.  The stems are gone, but
slurs still avoid them as if they were there, probably due to the same
code in

Try setting #'length to 0 too.

Better and better.  But the shorter slurs now look very odd.  See, for
example, the first two instances.  Note: I am not specifically
requesting support to make this better.  In the best case, I will
achieve enough understanding of the code to make this work in a truely
stemless manner.