Re: A few questions

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: A few questions
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 03:42:23 +0100

Elie Roux wrote:
But the problem is that, like you say in your site, xml cannot be written by
hand, so we must think of another way of writing. We must also think of a way
of printing it. I have thought that it could be possible to make something that looks like lilypond, or an extention of it. I'm writing this email to ask
you if you have a precise idea of how to do it, and if you're interested in
collaboration.

Hi!

A nice idea to work on gregorian. I think it is unwise to approach the problem from the representation angle. From my experience, it yields better results to start with "how to print it". Then, you can define the input that you need for that as a standard.