midi output bug?

From: c.m.bryan
Subject: midi output bug?
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 23:32:44 +0000

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to use lilypond to render midi files which I can then
retune with a program called scala
(http://www.xs4all.nl/~huygensf/scala/).

The midi file which lilypond gives me seems ok, and is playable by
timidity, but scala chokes on it and gives me an error.  I talking
with a scala developer, he seemed to have pinpointed a problem with
the midi file output from scala.  He said:

"It turns out Scala is right, your midi file is wrong.
There's an unexpected running status inside. So you may
have to report a bug for Lilypond."

Do you know what that "unexpected running status" could be? You can
check out the midi file here:

cmbryan.com/score_midi.midi

The strangest part is that I've had success with this procedure
before, so something has changed, maybe in a lilypond upgrade?  Any
help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

-chris