Re: Removing the stem engraver?

From: Don Blaheta
Subject: Re: Removing the stem engraver?
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 01:40:00 -0600

Quoth Mats Bengtsson:
> Quoting Don Blaheta <address@hidden>:
> > Quoth Mats Bengtsson:
> >> Have you considered just making the stems invisible, as a workaround?
> >> \override Stem #'transparent = ##t
> > That's exactly how I work around it, but the results aren't exactly the
> > same---slurs are rendered as if the stems were there.  (This in turn can
> > be worked around with judicious use of \stemDown and \stemUp, but the
> > whole think is getting very crufty. ;)
>
> How about setting the stem length to zero?

Ah!  Clever.

> > Which reminds me, I also tried
> >
> >  \override Stem #'print-function = ##f
> >
> > which I thought was supposed to have approximately the same effect as
> > removing the engraver, but afaict it does nothing at all.
>
> I don't remember which LilyPond version you use. This property has
> been renamed in the latest 2.7.x versions.

Sho 'nuff.  I'm using 2.7.33, but my initial exploration in the
print-function direction was when I was in some 2.6 version.  What's the
new name, though?  I'm not finding it right now.

--
-=-Don address@hidden<http://www.blahedo.org/>-=-
 #define QUESTION ((bb) || !(bb))                       //--Shakespeare