Re: LilyPond 2.7.38 released, final release candidate

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.7.38 released, final release candidate
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 16:52:02 +0100

Erik Sandberg wrote:
On Saturday 11 March 2006 00.11, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

Hello!

I've just finished lilypond 2.7.38. This is likely to be the last
release candidate before we release 2.8, so report any bugs that you
might find.

As the bug meister, it's my obligation to pester you about some remaining issues, which look critical to me. None of them happens in 2.6:

As the bug meister, can you make sure taht bugs appear in the bug repository? All the juggling with emails, cutting & pasting snippets gets on my nerves, and tracking on which mailing list you pester makes it all too easy for me to ignore the pestering

- Bar numbers are right-aligned to bar lines. See bugs/bar-number-breathe.ly.

fixed.

- staff lines are a few pts too short

fixed.

- Staff.instrument markup is misaligned when \center-align is used

I'm reluctant to fix this; it needs some more serious hackery. As a workaround, you can use

 \pad-to #'(0 . 50) #'(0 . 0)
    \center-align { "blah blah" }

for the instrument name.

- \voiceOne incorrectly displaces rests vertically

fixed

- too much space to the left of accidentals.

This was introduced to prevent ugly collisions with arpeggios. I've tweaked a threshold so it's less noticeable in this case.

- lilypond-book doesn't handle latex's \input command.

fixed.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com