Syntax of lilypond-words.el

From: Ed Baskerville
Subject: Syntax of lilypond-words.el
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:14:38 -0800

Hi everybody,

I'm (finally) doing some more work on LilyPad. To do syntax coloring/ completion/parenthesis matching, I'm just going to read in lilypond- words.el from the selected version of LilyPond, so the behavior is always up to date.

However, I'm a little confused about the function of these lines at the end of the file:

\\center - \ << _ >> -
\\column - \ << _ >> -
\\context\ Staff\ = - % { _ } -
\\context\ Voice\ = - % { _ } -
\\markup - { _ } -
\\notes - { _ } -
\\relative - % { _ } -
\\score - { \\n \? \\simultaneous { \\n _ \\n } \! \\n \\paper { } \ \n \? \\midi { } \\n \! } \\n -
\\simultaneous - { _ } -
\\sustainDown - _ \\sustainUp -
\\times - % { _ } -
\\transpose - % { _ } -

What are these being used for? What is the syntax? I apologize if this should be obvious from the elisp code, but I'm a bit of an ignoramus when it comes to both Emacs and Lisp.

Thanks,
Ed