Re: Bug in textspanner??

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Bug in textspanner??
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 10:08:38 -0600

From: "Arno Waschk" <address@hidden>
To: "Han-Wen Nienhuys" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2006 4:16 AM
Subject: Bug in textspanner??

dear list,

the following example i have been using in 2.7.38 downloadable windows version gives a continous line which is not what one would expect for 0.96 fraction.
giving 0.97 gives output without noteheads clef etc.

The same thing happens to me with 2.6.5. Contrary to the documentation, 0.96 defines a continuous line and 0.0 does not produce no line. However, I don't see how that is a problem, if you really want a continous line, you can just use 'line' for the style as you did in the example. By using the dash-fraction, the style setting is being overridden. Use a number less than 0.96 if you want a dashed line. And if you want the dashes to be longer, then change the dash-period, rather than the dash-fraction. The default dash-fraction is 3.0, so the following will give you long, closely spaced dashes:

    \once \override TextSpanner  #'dash-fraction = #0.88
    \once \override TextSpanner  #'dash-period = #5.0

Stephen

thanks, arno

\include "deutsch.ly"
    \relative c{

\once \override TextSpanner #'edge-text = #(cons "" (markup #:upright #:bigger " ord.") )
    \once \override TextSpanner  #'style = #'line
    \once \override TextSpanner #'arrow = ##t
    \once \override TextSpanner  #'dash-fraction = #0.96
c8\startTextSpan c8\< c c d e\stopTextSpan fis\!

    }
--
http://www.arnowaschk.de