Re: Improvements to Postscript backend (patches included)

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Improvements to Postscript backend (patches included)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 11:45:47 +0200

David Feuer wrote:
   (format #f "gsave
-  /~a ~a ~a output-scale div scalefont setfont\n~a grestore"
+  /~a ~a output-scale div selectfont\n~a grestore"
          postscript-font-name
-         (if cid?
-             " /CIDFont findresource "
-             " findfont")
I don't understand this? How are CID resources supposed to be loaded now?

According to the Postscript reference, selectfont can be used with CID
resources as well as regular fonts.  Unfortunately, I can't make the
utf-8 regression test work either with or without my changes, so I
can't be sure I got this right.

unfortunately, Ghostscript disagrees. It throws a /typecheck error from --glyphshow-- , if you load the font as a regular font.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com