Re: al niente / de niente - was Re: (no subject)

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: al niente / de niente - was Re: (no subject)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:27:56 -0600

On 3/31/06, Erlend Aasland <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi
>

> On 3/31/06, Trevor Bača <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Yeah, you've definitely got the idea; the best examples are in scores
> > of Sciarrino's recent music and I'll have time to dig through some
> > this weekend and make a few small scans.
>

> Great!

OK, yes: If you look in the Sciarrino flute works (which are
absolutely incredible pieces, by the way) the circled al-niente /
dal-niente markings are an integral part of the surfaces in 'All'aure
in una lontananza' and also in the material towards the end of
'Hermes', 'Come vengono prodotti gli incantesimi?' and also 'Canzona
di ringraziamento'.

One word of warning: the Sciarrino flute works are all hand copy, so
we will be able to determine the proper size of the open circles, but
we'll have to guess at the ideal weight of the (postscript) line in
the electronic version (since the weight of all the lines in the hand
copy are equal, save for beams); points again to a settable parameter
to afford different choices.

The examples towards the end of 'Come vengono ...' are so beautiful.
The scanner's in the closet at the moment so I'll have to wait until
later this evening to hook it up and send over the examples.

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden